As a donor submitting personally identifying information (“Personal Information”) to us or any of our staff, you consent to the terms and conditions of the policy and to our processing and use of Personal Information for the purposes stated below.
GMHC collects “Personal Information” which is information that identifies you personally, such as: legal name(s), address(es), phone number(s), email address(es), gift amount(s) donated, gift history, and other information provided voluntarily. Online donations are processed via an external vendor, with credit card numbers fully encrypted after a donation has been processed and are not retained in our electronic or hard files.
Donors may request removal of personally identifiable information from our databases by contacting us at the phone number or email address listed below. To honor requests, we will need the exact information to be removed and information sufficient for us to identify the type of communication received from us.
Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
- We only rent or exchange lists we maintain that may include your Personal Information, collected on the website or through any other activities, with other third parties we believe engage in activities that are consistent with the mission and core beliefs of GMHC. You may opt out of having your Personal Information by contacting the Development Department via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail us 307 W. 38 Street, New York, NY, 10018.
- We will not send you mailings on behalf of other organizations.
- We will collect your payment information, billing address, and other information necessary to process a donation or event registration.
- We will use your information to comply with the law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the requirements of law or comply with legal processes? served on us.
- We will use the personal information to protect against potential fraud. We may verify with third parties the information collected in the course of processing a gift, event registration, or other donation. If you use a credit or debit card on the website, we may use card authorization and fraud screening services to verify that your card information and address matches the information that you supplied to us and that the card being used has not been reported lost or stolen.
- You have the right to review information that we have collected about you. To review that information, contact us via email at email@example.com or mail us at 307 W. 38 Street, New York, NY, 10018.